Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Desktop Video Reflection

This assignment called for me to make an educational video and upload it to Teacher Tube www.teachertube.com. I chose to explain how the Electoral College works and the intricacies of the system.

I have never used Windows Movie Maker before so I was a bit nervous. The software, however, is extremely user friendly. It was easy to add sound files, graphics, and special effects to the film. I did struggle with getting the audio from the camcorder on to the computer, but the problem was solved after two trips to Radio Shack.

When I filmed the video I explained several visual aides that I planned to place on the screen. While editing the film I could not figure out how to place a graphic on the storyboard and keep the audio from the recording going. To solve this problem I used the narrate time line option. I attached a microphone to the computer and explained the visual aides.

I made the different clips of the movie fade in and out to allow the movie to flow naturally. Also I added text on to the screen where appropriate. This assignment was my favorite of all the projects in the class. It was a nice introduction to creating, editing, and uploading a video.

Specific things I learned:
o How to transfer video from a camcorder to a computer.
o How to use the program Windows Movie Maker to edit video footage.
o How to narrate the timeline using a microphone.
o How to upload videos to Teacher Tube.
o How to insert both visual aides and sound files into a video.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: